Quality LGBTIQ* Education
- Training programmes on diversity and antidiscrimination focussing on sexual orientations and gender identities
- for everyone working with children and youth
- commissioned by the Berlin Senate Department for Education, Youth and Family
- well established training activities, hands-on counsellings and cutting-edge pedagogical materials
- all-in-one educational concept encompassing knowledge transfer, awareness raising and practical application
- in the framework of human rights education, inclusion and democracy education
Bildungsinitiative Queerformat is a joint initiative of the Berlin educational institutions ABqueer and KomBi, experienced in LGBT education since 1980. Implementing the parliamentary action plan Initiative „Berlin tritt ein für Selbstbestimmung und Akzeptanz sexueller Vielfalt“ (“Berlin supports self determination and acceptance of sexual diversity”, 2009) we have been organising educational activities for schools, day care centres, Youth Offices and youth welfare service organisations since 2010.
With some 140 trainings and 40 pedagogical counsellings we reach around 2000 participants (key persons and educational staff) a year.
Our services offered are trainings, counsellings and materials on gender diversity and sexual diversity. Thus we support managers and educational staff to create enabling pedagogical environments: welcoming diversity, working inclusive and taking action against discrimination.